Phone : 011 486 0247
Cognition, Language and Neuropsychology -
Children's Communication Checklist (CCC-2)
Screen for communication problems
The CCC-2 is the latest version of a checklist that has been in development for 10 years. The 70-item questionnaire completed by a caregiver screens for communication problems in children aged 4 to 16 years. It can be hand or electronically scored.
Use the CCC-2 to:
- Screen for children who are likely to have language impairment
- Identify pragmatic impairment in children with communication problems
- Assist in identifying children who may merit from further assessment for an autistic spectrum disorder.
Standard scores and percentiles are provided for each of the following 10 scales:
A. speech, B. syntax, C. semantic, D. coherence, E. inappropriate initiation, F. stereotyped language, G. use of context, H. nonverbal communication, I. social relations, J. interests.
Two composites are derived:
- The General Communication Composite (GCC) is used to identify children likely to have clinically significant communication problems
- The Social Interaction Deviance Composite (SIDC) can assist in identifying children with a communicative profile characteristic of autism.
|Complete kit: Includes manual, 25 checklists, 25 summary sheets, overlay keys for hand scoring, CD-ROM scorer in a bag|
|Additional copies of materials:|
|Checklists, pack of 25|
|Summary sheets, pack of 25|