Phone : 011 486
Language and Neuropsychology -
Wechsler Pre-school & Primary Scale of IntelligenceTM -
Accurately measure intellectual abilities in
Now you can have a reliable and valid measure of intelligence in young children that is more age appropriate and user friendly. Long a standard in early childhood ability assessment, the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence™ has been revised to reflect both feedback from users of the WPPSI-R and contemporary advances in the fields of cognitive development, intelligence theory and cognitive neuropsychology.
New Features and Extensive Improvements:
- Enhance the measure of fluid reasoning ability
- De-emphasis on performance under time constraints
- Revisions to WPPSI-R subtests as well as the introduction of new subtests.
- Instructions are significantly simplified and testing time shorter
- Tasks are more engaging and play like and artwork is more attractive
- Subtests are designed according to the nature of cognitive development.
Outstanding Psychometric Properties:
- Lower floors and improved ceilings
- The age range has been lowered to 2:6 and the scale has been divided into two age groups: 2:6-3:11 and 4:0-7:3
- Excellent reliability and validity data.
- Examiner instructions and scoring procedures have been simplified to ease administration
- The page layout of the stimulus book has been re-formatted to allow the examiner to turn pages without reaching across the table
- The Object Assembly layout shield has been eliminated to make the presentation of puzzle pieces less difficult and time consuming.
Enhanced Clinical Utility:
Inclusion of additional clinical group data: learning difficulties, developmental delay, ADHD, intellectually gifted, autistic, expressive language disorder, mixed receptive/expressive language disorder and at risk of developmental delay
The UK sample for the WPPSI-IIIUK offers the most comprehensive sample of child intelligence in the UK. Specifically, this sample accurately represents the most current UK population of children aged 2 years 6 months to 7 years 3 months according to the 2001 UK census data.
Norms: Scaled Scores by age, IQs
WPPSI-III Scorer due for publication in 2005
|Complete kit: Includes administration & scoring manual, technical & interpretive manual, stimulus book 1 & 2, 25 record forms for Ages 2:6-3:11, 25 record forms for Ages 4:0-7:3, 25 response booklets, 14 object assembly puzzles, block design blocks, 2 pencils, symbol search & coding scoring key in a briefcase|
|Additional copies of materials:|
|Record forms for Ages 2:6-3:11, pack of 25|
|Record forms for Ages 4:0-7:3, pack of 25|
|Response booklets, pack of 25|